IES Student Paper Travel Assistance
3 IES Student Paper Travel Assistance (IES SPTA) up to US$2000 each have been allocated to ETFA2017.
The conditions to apply for IES Student Paper Travel Assistance are:
- be an active IEEE IES Student Member,
- reside outside the city in which the conference is held,
- have a paper accepted at the conference and be the person who will present it.
A paper cannot receive more than one travel assistance. A person cannot receive more than one travel assistance each year.
Students interested in the IEEE IES Student Paper Travel Assistances Program should send an email to email@example.com, with “Student Paper Travel Assistance” in the Subject line. They should clearly indicate their IEEE membership number and their paper reference number. Only accepted papers will be considered.
Paper travel assistance applications submitted by students will be evaluated by a committee consisting of: Chair of the Students and Young Professionals Activity Committee, IES President, Conference General Chair, and IES Treasurer. In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, preference will be given to:
- students with the best-qualified papers according with the reviews of each conference,
- students who have not benefited from this program in the last two years
Deadlines which apply for assistances under the IES Student Paper Travel Assistance Program are as manuscript acceptance date plus circa two weeks. Some further notes are also summarized below:
- The diplomas for the IES Student Paper Travel Assistances (IES-SPTA) will be presented during the conference, usually at the Gala Dinner.
- The documents to be filled and sent to IES Treasurer are as per the Expense Reimbursement Procedures listed on the IEEE IES website 
- A three-minute speech (3Ms) + movie and project hardware demonstration (if applicable) during the conference is mandatory to receive the IES-SPTA. See more details how to prepare three-minute speech + movie for your project on the IEEE IES website.
Students who are selected for IES-SPTA should post their 3 minutes’ videos on the associated IES Facebook event page at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/IndustrialElectronicsSociety/events.
Students can also post their photos from conference or the ceremony to the related event on the IES Facebook page.
Moreover, they should send their video files to Hani Vahedi to upload them to the IEEE IES YouTube Channel on: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKg8GNii0Q-ieXE56AXosGg. So, please prepare video clips to be interesting for public viewers.